Welcome to Hazaribag Jesuits
In the first half of the 19th century Hazaribag was under the jurisdiction of the diocese of Kolkata. In 1847 the Capuchins from the newly erected Vicariate of Patna came as garrison chaplains. They cared for the shifting population of the military and civil personnel for twenty-five years when the town reverted to the care of the diocese of Kolkata.
The first Jesuit in Hazaribag, Fr. Honore Van de Stuyft , came in 1872, travelling by train to Giridih and thence to Hazaribag on horseback.
News & Events
Provincial back at province house
Provincial has come back to Province...
Inauguration of Website
The official website has been...
All rights reserved by: Hazaribag Jesuits. Compiled by: Acumenes